I know I had mentioned this project of mine at least a week ago, although it could be longer, seeing as time has no meaning, but anyway, I actually completed a project of mine! From start to finish!
There was this old yellow dresser that almost literally fell apart when I tried to pull the top drawer out, and due to multiple reasons, I didn’t really want to get rid of it. It wasn’t the best quality, but it was sturdy enough that I could convert it into outdoor storage, so I decided I was going to make something I could be proud of.
Now, I didn’t take any before pictures because, well, I got excited, but I do have many from the middle and end of the process:
Creating this little shelf was a big accomplishment for me. I manually inserted the screws, used wood glue – the whole nine yards. The measurements were a bit off – not my fault, by the way – but I think that actually ended up working to my advantage, aesthetically. That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway.
That little bar is from an old side table that I decided to … well, ditch isn’t the right word, but anyway, the bar is more decorative than anything else. I nearly tore my hair out trying to get it installed, but I was determined, even after I slammed a hammer on my left middle finger. Maybe it’s the plywood that the shelf was made out of (newbie here), but getting a nail or screw to go into it was A Process.
This little dresser, that my dad has told me would make Jimmy Buffett proud, is definitely a work in progress, and if would stop fucking raining, I’d be done with it already. Well, except for the paper towel holder I haven’t ordered yet that I’m going to attach to one of the sides and then a little basket thingy on the other side for small gardening tools. So I am going to use this post as a Part One to the dresser saga. Hopefully there are only two parts, but with how this weather is going, who the fuck knows.
Stay tuned, though! I’m really excited to see how this turns out.